Vanessa M. Starke
ATTORNEY AT LAW
Vanessa Starke grew up in Blue Springs, MO and attended the University of Southern California in Los Angeles, CA for her undergraduate education. She majored in Social Sciences with emphasis in Psychology and minored in Psychology and the Law. While at the University of Southern California, Ms. Starke became a member of the Delta Gamma Fraternity and served at the Undergraduate Student Government as a Greek Senator.
After earning her degree, Ms. Starke continued her education at the University of Missouri School of Law. While at the law school, she was involved with the school's Student Bar Association, serving as the Association's Secretary. She also served as the Social Chair of the American Constitution Society. She was also a founding member and vice-president of the Student Animal Legal Defense Fund.
Currently, Ms. Starke is an active member of Rotary International. Vanessa is a graduate of the Missouri Bar Leadership Academy, The Kansas City Metropolitan Bar Association's Leadership Academy, and the Ross T. Roberts Trial Academy. She is also a member of the Young Professional Board of Legal Aid for the Western District of Missouri and is currently a Board Member for the Eastern Jackson County Bar Association. Her article titled "The Impact of Coy v. Iowa on State protective Statutes for Child Abuse Victim Testimony in Criminal Trials: A Case Study-Missouri" was recently published in West's The Criminal Law Bulleting, Vol. 49, No. 1.
- University of Missouri Columbia School of Law, Columbia, Missouri
- Honors: Student Bar Association
- Honors: Social chairperson of the American Constitution Society
- University of Southern California in Los Angeles, California
- Honors: Undergraduate Student Government, Greek Senator
- Major: Social Sciences
- Major: Psychology
- Minor: Psychology and the Law
- Rotary International, Active member
- Student Animal Legal Defense Fund, Founding member and vice-president
- The Impact of Coy v. Iowa on State protective Statutes for Child Abuse Victim Testimony in Criminal Trials: A Case Study-Missouri” was recently published in West’s The Criminal Law Bulleting, Vol. 49, No. 1
Fraternities or Sororities
- Delta Gamma
- Association of Women’s Lawyers of Kansas City
- Young Lawyers Section of the Missouri Bar
- Criminal Defense/Traffic/DUI
- Personal Injury/Workers Compensation
- Estate Planning and Probate